COVID-19 Update Effective March 30, 2020 Until Further Notice:
- For the health and safety of our staff, customers, and the general public, you no longer need to physically visit the Register of Deeds office to receive most services.
- Arrangements are in place to deliver services to your homes and offices on-line, by video conference and by mail. Our office is currently closed to non-staff to protect public health. To schedule your in person Notary Oath please see below for appointment scheduling.
Wake County Register of Deeds is continuing to provide all services. This page explains how the services are delivered under the current circumstances.
Online Land Records and Vital Records Search
There is no change in how service is provided Search here: Consolidated Real Property Search Index Search here: Marriage, Birth, or Death Certificate Records (index only, no images)
Recording real estate and other documents
Established users should continue to use the eRecording service.
You may continue to Mail in your documents for recording OR Send by express delivery (Federal Express etc.)
|Our Mailing Address is:||Express Delivery Address:|
|Wake County Register of Deeds
P.O. Box 1897
Raleigh, NC 27602
|Wake County Justice Center
300 S. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
We are not accepting walk-in recordings.
Marriage License Applications: Marriage licenses are provided virtually online by appointment*. We will complete the process via a video conference using commonly available free technology. The first step is to complete the online application in advance. Additional informational and special instructions are on the online application. Click here to start the virtual marriage license application process.
You do not physically come to our office.
Notary Oaths: The Wake County Register of Deeds will be administering Notary Oaths in person by appointment only, until further notice. Notary Oaths for Wake County notaries are administered Monday through Friday by appointment only. If you have received a letter from the Secretary of State (SOS), stating that you are cleared to be sworn in, start the process by sending your full name as on file with the SOS to us at [email protected]. We will send you further information and instructions by email. Additional details.
Certified Copies of Marriage, Birth & Death Certificates.
- Order on-line and pay by credit card. The certificates will be mailed to you. Order Online
- Order by mail and pay by check by filling out an application and mailing it to us. The certificates will be mailed directly to you.
- Orders are mailed 1-2 business days after receipt of all required information. Allow time for USPS to deliver. Certified Copies
- There is no walk-in certified record service at this time. You do not physically come to our office.
Attention: Beware of Marriage, Birth & Death Certificate Scams.
Some "third parties" are advertising on the internet a "service" to order vital records for you. They charge high extra fees and you may never get a certificate. Order only from the Register of Deeds to ensure you receive a correct certificate and are charged only the fixed fee set by North Carolina law.